Now that the dust has settled on on the BACK TO SEASON – back to work, back to school, back to life, I have taken myself shopping for the shoe trends of the season, or at least my interpretation of them. First, I check my shoe inventory to see what needs to be repaired or reheeled send them to the cobbler, then I note where the blanks exists – what’s missing? TRENDING, red, velvet, block heel, pointed toe, slim boots, sock boots, metallics and white. This is also an excellent time to donate shoes and clothing that you can live without. DRESS FOR SUCCESS will put your shoes and other items to a very productive use.
1. RED VELVET PUMPS For evening, nothing can beat a pair of great pumps and these Red Velvet. Pumps are killers. How high? The highest height that you can stand without making you cranky.
2. BLOCK HEEL SLIDES Will be wearing to the office with jeans and black cropped pants.
3. BOOTIES AND SOCK BOOTIES Wear everywhere and with everything. This Prada Pair have it all going for them. And they come in a jewel tone blue. Pricey, but worth the investment. They are pull-on, a slim variation on the Sock Bootie.
These are actual Sock Booties and with the rubber sole and rib knit sock, they will be my cozy go-to boots when the weather turns chilly and damp.
4. METALLICS FOR DAY AND NIGHT I will enjoy putting a little sparkle in my step with these great looking loafers.
And nothing says glamour like a pair of strappy sandals. I have been eyeing these for a while and think I will pull the trigger now.
5. TALL BOOTS Whether you wear them under or over your knee, this is one trend that endures year after year, with very good reason. Tall boots look so chic in so many style situations – with skirt, sweater and tights, with dress and no stockings, over slim fitting pants and leggings. I found these Cole Haan to be wonderful and so well-priced.